Sunday, November 13, 2005

oh, nikita you'll never know...


the show last night (see previous post) was fantastic. about halfway through the couple sitting next me, about five glasses of white wine later, asked me what brought me to the show. i said i had heard about the bands and did not want to regret not going later on.

their response made them the coolest parents on earth. apparently, their son left an arcade fire cd in their car and they both fell in love with it. the dad was a huge bowie and cure fan so... i guess it makes sense.

this event highlights the fact that my parents (as cool as my mom has become and despite my fathers love of willie nelson) completely sheltered me from the american reality. no beatles, no dylan, no led zepplin definitely no stones, bowie or good elton john.... plently of nikita to go around though.

anyway. the show was beautiful and their drummer, stef, is really fun to watch. he is an excellent drummer. they were a really happy band considering their songs are so complex emotionally.

the other news of the evening is that i met a guy that work for st. mike's radio station. while not the largest or hippest station around, he did offer me to cover his jazz slots on wednesday from time to time. i would love that opportunity.

another way to put that would be - i will rock that mo'fo' out pretty hard.

turn the music in the headphones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home